Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where to Start?

This is my first blog post so I may seem to ramble....My goal with this blog is to take note of all the things that happen in my families life. When my 2 older girls were little I made scrapbooks. Well Mary Paiges is still in the box at the bottom of her closet. so this will probably serve as a scrapbook for her.
About my family... Shannon and I just celebrated 22years of Knowing each other. We were married 5 years later so May 1st 2010 will be our 17 yr anniversary. WOW!! We met on a blind date. It was the best blind date ever!!!! We have our ups and downs like any two people who have know each other for 22 years but I wouldn't trade him for the world. And in the deal I got the best In-laws that I now refer to as my own sisters, brother, Mother and father.

Our girls are the love of my life. I was meant to be a mom. I am not a perfect mom but neither are my kids perfect so it's a great match. Don't expect to get on this blog and read how wonderful my kids behave. Expect to hear funny stories and quotes.

Abby is 13. I am so frightened to enter this stage of her life. She has always been my "nerd". Too smart for her own good if you ask me. And she is every bit like her daddy despite their efforts to deny this. She freaks about routine changes, hates blood or anything related to being sick and is sooo picky about her clothes/shoes I have threatened to leave her in a store more than once. But I love her. She knows exactly when I need a hug. She is beautiful without even trying and Some day she wants to be a Vet and take her mom to live with her and have a maid.

Grace is 10 going on 30. She is the easy going one in the family. In 2007 she was diagnosed with a brain tumor in her cerebellum. Luckily it was a benign growth know as a JPA. or astrocytoma. We thank God for that everyday. But not to let that define her... Grace is the best speller in our family. When she tells you she loves you, you just know that she means it. She loves to snuggle. She is beautiful and has her very own sense of style. Maybe some day she'll be a famous designer. She is sporty and loves to do anything that involves "going". She is the strong one and I love her.

Mary Paige is our youngest. I am so glad she came into our lives. We only discussed having two kids, but Mary Paige was planned. We just didn't feel "finished" and I am so glad we changed our minds. She has driven me crazy most of her 3 young years, but I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. She lights up a room. She attracts attention without knowing it. She is getting so big so fast. She loves her sisters. She wants to do everything they do. She will be a constant source of my blogs. She is a typical 3rd baby. She is spoiled rotten. Thanks to her Grammy and Nana. I am so honored to be a part of her life. I look forward to watching her grow.

Come along on this journey with us. It should be a wild ride......

No comments:

Post a Comment