Saturday, July 10, 2010

Momma!

I remember when my girls were little how I used to be so excited to hear them say "mommy" for the first time. Even though MP is my 3rd child I was still anixous to hear that word from her. I should tell you All my girls said "DaDa" 1st. So of course they are older now so "Mommy" or "Momma" as my girls say, usually means they want something. Therefor it is not nearly as exciting these days. However when MP Says it I still try to answer her in some affectionate was such as "yes angel" of "what Love" instead of just "what". This just makes me feel better knowing she doesnt think I see her as a bother. So the other day we were in Publix. I was in the check out line ringing up about $50.00 in groceries. (before coupons of course) The cashier is trying to get my cpns, The bag boy is trying to get my reusable bags and all the while MP is like "momma", "momma?" Momma" and I am patiently answering "yes darling", What honey" I bet she said it 50 times in the 10 minutes we were in check out. I grow weary fast and she says "momma" for the bajillionth time and I say "WHAT?!!!!" and the bag boy just looks at me and shakes his head. I'm like "you're 12! dont try to make me feel bad. He just helps me out to my car without another word.
Mary Paige, even though I may act like it sometimes. I will never stop loving to hear you say Momma. and I hope you will never stop saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment