Thursday, June 24, 2010

As a mommy, the most precious thing in the world is when your kids tell you they love you. Tonight as I was getting out of the truck after work Mary Paige comes running out of the house in her underwear (which is her outfit of choice these days) Yelling "mommy's home, mommy's home!" She then runs into my arms and hugs and kisses me, What a welcome. I LOVE it!!!!!
Even though my kids do some crazy things to annoy me, they do A LOT that really tickles my heart.
Do you know the feeling when you hug your kids and you notice for the first time they are patting you on the back? Or when you look down at them as you are scolding them and they are looking at you with those eyes and it melts your heart and you just can't do it? How about when you are doing the blessing at the dinner table and you look over and they are so cute you start to giggle and then everyone else starts to giggle too?

I will miss those welcomes, giggles, eyes and hugs when they get too big for their momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment