Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Little things....

I yelled at Grace the other day. It wasnt just any old day either it was a very important day for her. It was her Elementary Graduation Day. She was complaining to me because we were having something detestable for supper. (well to her at least) I can't stand it when my kids whine and she was whining. All day my kids had been whining. "I cant find my pants", or "why dont we have any kool aid made". "We never have anything gooooood to eat" BLAH, BLAH BLAH!! I had had it, I yelled at her "how do you think stuff gets done around here? do you think the food fairy comes and buys food, or the sock fairy washes your socks and puts them in your drawer?" "NOBODY thinks about all the little stuff that needs to be done around here" (now this was not all directed at poor Grace she just happened to provide the last straw) I walked around the house for a good 10 minutes yelling about how no one appreciates me. How my kids think things should be handed to them. How there are a million things I do around the house that goes unnoticed. And what would happen if I just disappeared one day, what would they do then Huh?

Well of course I apologized later as I was tucking her in. Explained to her that I just feel "used" sometimes and I want them to be more appreciative sometimes but that I had no right to take it out on her.

Today I was thinking, isn't this what we do to God everyday. We forget all the little things He does for us. We concentrate on the big things we have asked for and forget that everyday when we wake up we should thank Him for another day, another breath, the sun, our family, our home, our job, everything. Everything we have He has provided. But we just take for granted that it should be there when we need it.

Be thankful everyday.

Thank you God for....

Mary Paiges sugar, it is soooo good
For when Grace plays with my hair
The fact that Abby is smarter than me
Allowing me to have a husband that makes me laugh
Giving me friends that I can share my truest feelings with
Giving me my father for 16 years
Bringing my brother closer to me
My mother who is my best friend
Thank you God for Your Son Jesus
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment